Dungeness Courte Memory Care
About Dungeness Courte
Tour Dungeness Courte
Download a Brochure
Contact a Dungeness Courte Representative
Welcome to Dungeness Courte Memory Care in Sequim
We are conveniently located in the heart of the medical community just minutes from downtown. Our community provides a family home like setting for the residents and their families. We specialize in dementia care and take great pride in providing excellent care and quality services. Please take a moment to explore our website and find out more about our community and the services we provide.
Dungeness Courte offers a resource library that includes pamphlets, educational videos and survival guides. Our experienced employees are available to answer questions to help you on the journey with dementia. We also offer quarterly workshops open to the public and a variety of special private presentations to help people gain a better understanding of dementia. See our Events page for upcoming events.
We invite you to stop by for a tour: enjoy a cup of coffee, and meet our staff and residents.
Dungeness Courte Memory Care
651 Garry Oak Dr.
Sequim, WA 98382
Featured Videos & Tours of Dungeness Courte Memory Care
Some of Dungeness Courte Memory Care Offerings Are:
- Licensed nurses on-site 24/7.
- Assistance with care such as grooming, dressing, bathing and eating.
- A variety of activities encouraging socialization, and stimulating the mind and spirit.
- Fitness/restorative program designed to help maintain mobility and independents.
- Home cooked meals using fresh ingredients and served hot from the kitchen three times a day.
- Menus provided by a licensed dietician, written specifically for this population.
- Laundry and housekeeping included for every resident at no extra charge.
- Daycare and Respite offered hourly or overnight seven days a week, when available.
- Opportunity for education and support for families and other individuals in the community.
- Private and semi-private rooms.
- The design of the building with the continual loop inside and out allows residents to wander and feel a sense of freedom.
- Courtyard with walking paths, fruit trees, gardens and seating so residents can enjoy fresh air and a positive connection with nature.
- Secured facility providing a safe place for those who may wander and peace of mind for families.
- Handrails and the wide hallways throughout that accommodate residents through the different stages and mobility challenges.
Senior Housing Floor Plan
Dungeness Courte offers our residents the following Senior Housing options:
• Private Rooms
• Semi-private rooms
We encourage our families to decorate their living area in a comfortable manner that reflects their individual taste. They are encouraged to hang favorite pictures on the walls of their room.
Our rooms our furnished with a twin bed, a nightstand with a lamp, a chair and a built in armoire. Those choosing a semi-private room will also be provided with a privacy divider and three drawers for their belonging in addition to the built in armoire. Each room has its own private bathroom with a spacious shower available to our residents.
An assessment is performed for each resident prior to admission to determine a resident’s needs and preferences. The assessment will provide the nurses and aids with pertinent information for the care of our resident. It also provides the information needed to complete the admission contract which describes the terms and conditions of the accommodations and services including: monthly payments terms, deposits, and care services.
More About Dungeness Courte Memory Care
About Dungeness Courte
Alzheimer’s Family Support in Sequim
Often, it is more difficult for the families to cope with the disease of memory loss than it is for the person afflicted. It can be very difficult to accept that your loved one is suffering from memory loss. Support and education can help alleviate the fear, confusion and guilt that accompany caring about a person with memory loss.
Dungeness Courte offers family support groups, which meet the second Friday of each month from 1:30 pm until 3:00 pm. It allows family members an opportunity to meet in a informative and mutually supportive atmosphere to learn about memory loss diseases. As a part of our mission we hold quarterly workshops to help families dealing with dementia more aware of the complexity of the diseases.
Senior Day Stay
We know the need for caregivers to have periods of rest is just as important as the care they give their loved one. To accommodate that need, we provide temporary care for the family members with Alzheimer’s:
Our Senior Adult Day Care Program offers caregivers and family members a period of rest by caring for your loved one. Individuals are welcome to participate daily or intermittently.
We know the need for caregivers to have periods of rest is just as important as the care they give their loved one.
To accommodate that need, we can provide temporary care to assist the family members with Alzheimer’s:
We offer our Respite Care program from 1 to 30 days, allowing families to take a break for the day or plan some time for themselves on a regular basis.